Thursday, June 18, 2009

He SHOOTS and SCORES...

Yes,

I am still basking in the glow of the Stanley Cup Champions. I find myself watching the game highlights over and over. This was bigger than the Super Bowl for me. The title of this blog has more meaning than just Max Talbot's two goals last Friday. Yesterday I started the biggest project for the summer. DUN DUN DUN

I will be creating a Blackboard class for the student staff members of the East Side of campus. It's not like a typical class, but it will be a place for continuous training and materials. I met with PSU's Blackboard organizer yesterday and got the go ahead. Starting next week I will be building the shell of the class and starting to form the various discussion and reflection spaces, forms, and program database. I'm pretty excited about it. I really like being able to marry technology and student affairs work.

I did my first room placements this week. I set up the 30 or so summer conference guest that will be moving in on Monday. There were a few hang ups understanding the system, but after I got there that it was fine. Oh no it wasn't. The group coming in is from Vietnam and non of their names were correct. We had their last name as their first name middle name as their last it was a mess.

I ate at this place called Cha Cha Cha last night. It was one of the better burritos I had in my life and it was only $4.50. If you find yourself in Portland look them up. I am also in love with cucumber sandwiches right now, thanks to Dexter. I finished season 2. It was pretty good.

The summer blog idea is fully updated now. Everyone who signed up to blog is good to go. I am going to be posting the link on the ANGEL site, facebook, and twitter.

Well work starts here in a few minutes and I think it's going to be a busy day.

Oh thanks to the town of McKees Rocks for not closing the flood gates in time last night. Linda's house is flooded.

Catlin

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too! Dexter rules. Season 3 will blow your mind, guaranteed! Let's phone date soon.

    Love!

    ReplyDelete