Friday, July 10, 2009

it's like the first 2 minutes of I will possess your heart...

In three weeks I will be back in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. I will be walking through the Detroit Airport waiting for the Michigan Flyer to take me back to East Lansing. My guess is that it will snow.

I am going to talk a little about me before I talk about the past few days here in Portland. First, I think it is horrible that the world can't make cartoon versions of my pictures on my MAC. There is PCs angle right there. I want one of those cartoon versions of myself and I want it now. I am going to say that Friday Night Lights might be one of the most underrated movies and tv shows at the same time. Take that 10 things I hate about you. Speaking of movies I am going to see Bruno tonight.

Okay, so back to work updates for my cohort suspects.

I don't know if I wrote this before here or somewhere else and I am not going to check but here is something for yinz to consider. Make sure you understand the implications of working at a school that is on quarters. The summer is a slower time, but it's not really that much different on the administrative end. I think it is increasingly harder for staff members to spend time away from work and to vacation and to reflect. Also it makes staff development harder. It's something I will really consider next year.

I am becoming pretty skilled at room assignments. I am dominating StarRes and all of it's glory. It's basically begging me to stop being so skilled. Also if anyone in Vietnam/China is reading this blog please stop using numbers in your emails. This is not a good email address 1423429342348032432932@qq.com. It's not a good look and it makes life for me a lot harder. How is that easy for anyone to remember your email address? HUH!

This weekend I am going to visit some of the thrifty stores in Portland, I am also going to go to this place that has veggie hot dogs, this guy is excited about that. Monday is the AAA baseball all-star homerun derby. I think I will be in attendance. The weather has been cool and when it does get warm it's not REALLY warm. Dry heat is very different and comfortable.

I really recommend anyone reading this to take 802 next year if you haven't it will help you in the long run. Communication and being a learning organization is beyond important. I am finding this out more and more every day.

I live in a summer conferencing building and they take out my garbage and give me fresh towels and toilet paper, I am truly living the dream. I became an uncle this week. My niece Olivia Pennybaker seems pretty cool considering I haven't met her nor have I seen her other than in photos. Thankfully this moment in my sister's life was not on TV.

In other news my beard is getting a bit out of control, but I intend to keep it for a bit longer, hopefully until April. I really feel NW with it. I woke up craving Menna's hopefully that didn't go out of business like everything else good in EL.

Anyway there is not much more to report about it's been a slow couple days here. Things should pick up a bit as my days here are dwindling down.

I just got a new tennis racket so let's play in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment